Wednesday, April 13, 2011

35 weeks!!

35 weeks is huge benchmark for any pregnant woman!!!  I'm excited because that means I can deliver at Holy Family where I work, where I know everyone and my Doctor works.  Next if I was to go into labor it wouldn't be stopped, because usually babies do pretty well at 35 weeks.  Not that I'm even close to going into labor since my cervix was closed and high yesterday at my doctor's appointment!  Which is good because if I was dilated a lot my doctor probably would have wanted me to stop working and be on partial bed rest which would have sucked!!  I want to start taking time off from work after I have a baby at home to spend the time with!  I start having doctor's appointments every week from here on out.  I'm still feeling pretty good.  I've felt some braxton hicks contractions, but nothing that is evey painful.  I was sick for about 2 weeks and feeling pretty miserable but now am feeling way better since that's gone!  I can definitely tell baby is sitting right on my bladder because I'm constantly in need for a bathroom!!  I have a little bit of swelling in my ankles, but it's not too bad yet.  I noticed a few more stretch marks (boo), but oh well I guess that's the price we pay for a baby.  I took a week or so off from the gym in hopes it would help my cold go away, but I started back and am still doing fine with walking and the elliptical.  I do have to wear Wes's shirts there now, because all mine show my stomach now!  Now that it's April I can say I'm due next month!!  That is so crazy to Wes and I!  Next month our lives are going to change forever!!

4 comments:

Jen and Joel said...

The best change you will ever experience. You look darling.

Chelsea said...

Great picture. You look beautiful! Heres to the home stretch. (the last month feels like forever fyi) Can't wait to see you and meet your little man!!!

emy said...

I totally wore Trevor's shirts at the gym, but that was at 6 months not nine. You look fantastic. I'm so excited for your little guy to arrive. Hang in there.

thefrommfam said...

Beth it is so fun to hear all of the pregnancy updates. I love to hear how everything is going!