Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chelsea's request...

Okay I'm sure most of you know already but Chelsea wanted to see my progress...I'm 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant.  I know a lot of people go by months, but as a maternity nurse I'm counting the weeks and days...I know each of them count!!  Also I don't think months are very accurate because technically you are pregnant for 40 weeks (that's 10 months...not nine!!)  My due date is May 17th and we've been told its a boy!!  I swore I was going to take pictures every week and all that jazz, but then when you are pregnant and feeling really unattractive its not that fun to show off how big your belly is getting!!  I'm feeling great now, but from about week 5 to week 14 I felt terrible!!  I only threw up once, but I was constantly nauseated and didn't feel like eating anything!  Which as most of you know is far from my normal eating habits!!  Its the first time in my life I haven't craved chocolate/sweets all the time!!  The only craving I've really had is raspberries in the first trimester, but that's about it.  After the 14th week my eating habits are totally back to normal always wanting to eat junk food, but it's nice to feel normal again.  Well normal for a little while, now I'm starting to feel BIG and a little uncomfortable, which I know I'm just over half way and I'm going to get way bigger!!  Anyway I know that's a lot of random info that you probably weren't that interested in, but its more for me to at least have it written down somewhere, since I'm horrible keeping a journal.

10 comments:

Andy & Jen said...

A-Dor-able! you look fantastic...I want one!

emy said...

You look great in that picture. It's so fun to see you with a little baby belly. I can't wait to meet baby Perez in May. Love you!

Chelsea said...

You did it!! Yay! That is a really cute picture and I think you look great. It's nice to document how you feel, what you crave etc... so you can know what to expect for next time too! Sounds like my pregnancy, not much throwing up but just feeling yucky!!! Thanks for the update! See you in March??

Jen and Joel said...

You look great! Hope we get to spend time with you and Wes again soon.

Bev said...

Beth, you are so cute and look amazing!! Excited to meet baby boy Perez. Congratulations again!!

Bev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer (Niffer) said...

You are so stinkin' cute!!! I expect to see many more pictures like this in the coming months...right?

Ashley said...

Darling little bump! Soooo- it's a boy!?! Not a girl- that's what you originally were told, right? How exciting!

Karen Wood said...

So excited for you Beth and Wes!! I did just find out from your mom about a week ago. We have two babies coming this year too. Was going to be three but Shayla had hers 6 weeks early so Jonah is a 2010 baby not 2011. All is well though. Jessica is due in June and Kennedy in August! Keep us posted! Love you guys!

thefrommfam said...

Yay Beth it is so great to see your growing belly. Now you should bog about it all the time so we can all be updated!