Thursday, August 5, 2010

Semi-pro...

This summer I played for the Black Widows soccer team in Spokane.  They are in the WSPL, which is a national league for semi-professional soccer, we played some teams from Cali and a team from Portland.  I think our team ended up being 3rd place in our division, which isn't too bad for the first year of the franchise.  Overall I had a good experience, but....I felt SO OLD!!!  I was playing with all these girls that are all still in college and just between seasons, doing their summer training!  Needless to say I just felt really old and slow compared to them!!  I even had to drive one of the rental cars when we made the trip to Sacramento, because I was one of 2 people that were over the age of 25!  It was really fun to play soccer competitively again, I've really missed good outdoor soccer! It would have been awesome to have been able to have a team like this back in my prime when I was in college!  This is a picture of Drake (Christian and Heather's son) with me in Sacramento, when they came to watch me play, he's so dang cute!!

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

That is funny that you felt so old, and you were the only one that could drive the rental!!! lol. I bet it was so fun to finally play again!

Jen and Joel said...

You are so awesome. Not too many people can say they play semi-pro. And I feel so cool because I can say one of my best friends does!!

emy said...

Good for you playing again. I'm sorry about the feeling old part. Getting older stinks. Wait until you're in your 30's, now that's old:)

Esther said...

Beth, you are such a stud!! I love that you did this!!

thefrommfam said...

YAY beth, I am so glad you finally told everyone how freaking awesome you are. I feel so proud to have such a talented best friend.