Monday, August 23, 2010

CDA to Sandpoint


This is Steph and I on our second leg that was all hills!  We were
smiling but working so hard!!
When we reached Silverwood we got to ride the rollercoaster in the middle of the night!  It was really scary in the dark!!
This was right before the final leg, Steph and I were all finished and happy we weren't walking anymore!!
This was after the 1st leg, it was the wildest wig competition (that's the green thing in my hand) and also 90 degrees outside so we were dying!!
This is the team after taking 1st place!
This is Ashely and I (Ashely made the tie die shirt by the way which turned out awesome)
Here's all of us at the beginning of the race smiling and not really knowing what we were in for!
These are my girlfriends from work Ashley and Misty, we all started working L&D around the same time.
Steph and I enjoying a couple PB&J's and water after our first leg!
A couple weekends ago I did the CDA to Sandpoint walk relay.  There were 12 people in my group and we walked in pairs,  3 legs that added up to about 15 miles. The relay started at 2:00pm on Friday and we finished around 10:30am Saturday.  It was way more hard core than I thought it was going to be.  I consider myself to be in pretty good shape, but running is way different than speed walking!  Running would have been a relief!!  Steph and I started the relay off in CDA with a 6.6 mile walk where we averaged 12.5 minute miles!!  We were pretty exhausted but had a few hours to rest up before our next walk of 4.8 miles of straight hills! We then walked our final leg of 3.7 miles at about 3am which was pretty creepy because we were in the middle of nowhere walking on dirt roads with head lamps!!  Overall we had a pretty awesome time and we beat the second place team by 27 minutes and had the fastest walking time the relay has ever had!! 

3 comments:

Andy & Jen said...

you are so awesome I love it! that looks tough & very fun! wish i were there : ) miss u!

emy said...

Beth! I am so impressed. You are always doing something fun with your girlfriends. Way to go winning!

Kaylene Whitten said...

I miss you and Steph. How fun to see you together still having fun!!!