Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A wasted free day

I've started this healthy daily living challenge with my family, here are the criteria:

Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
No sweets
Eat 5 friuts/veggies daily
No unhealthy food choices (ie fries , chips, etc.)
No carbonated beverages
2 servings of whole grain/nuts/legumes
Drink 6 6-8 oz glasses of water
Exercise for at least 30 mins
One on One family time
No eating after 8:00pm (this was changed for me to 3 hour before bed because of my crazy work schedule)

For each of these rules you follow you get one point for a total of 10 points a day. You get 3 free point per week and 1 free day for the whole month of the challenge. I was really looking forward to my free day, I was going to enjoy anything and everything that I was denying myself and I was going to save it for later on in the challenge. But I had to use it Tuesday instead! most are aware of the crazy hours that I work...well last night I got called in at 1:00am and I worked until 12:30 pm, then I had to work again that evening/night at 8:00. I was called at 7:15 so first of all I didn't get enough sleep, second there was no way I would be able to work out and third I didn't have enough time to pack a food for the whole day (5 fruits and veggies and 2 servings of grain) in my lunch for work, and Wes and I didn't even see eachother until the following morning! I did get to enjoy some candy, but I didn't get anything deep fried and delicious. Needless to say I'm a little bummed that my free day just conisted of me being really tired and working all night, instead of basking in my unhealthy ways!!

3 comments:

Jennifer (Niffer) said...

Yeah... I kinda think you should get extra points or extra free days! This night shift thing sucks!

I think this is awesome that you and your family are doing this! So cool that you guy are so close!

I'm recommitting to my weight watchers. I've gotta make my goal(hopefully) by the time I go see my sister and nieces (and brother-in-law).

great working with you last night. Sleep well...I'm totally taking a nap today!

Jen and Joel said...

Beth, you are wonder woman - and way too hard on yourself. I do not know how you work the hours that you do, let alone follow this healthy living way-of-life. Good luck, you will succeed. Just do not come over right now, because we just bought tons of girl scout cookies that I am trying to get rid of.

Ashley said...

What a great idea! Sorry that you had such a LONG, hard day and not getting to Wes- bummer! Good luck getting LOTS of points! Is there some reward for the winner??? :)