Monday, October 12, 2009

The Portland Marathon

Wes and I ran our first Marathon in Portland on October 4th. It was a great 1st time marathon to run there were aide stations every couple miles and there was so much support from spectators! I was really nervous for it because I only made it up to 16 miles in my training and I was supposed to get up to 20 miles. It went pretty well though, I was able to jog all 26.2 miles, I knew if I started to walk I wouldn't be able to start running again! My time was 4 hrs and 13 minutes, which was better than I thought I would do. I was pretty sore for the next couple days, but I think I would do it again. I think the training sucked more than the actual marathon! If there is a next time I really need a training partner!

Both these pictures were taken in the middle of mile 25 we were pretty excited to be done!!

10 comments:

Esther said...

You guys are HARDCORE!! That is so awesome, I can't believe you did that.

Jen and Joel said...

Great Job! You should add the picture of the two of you at the end of the marathon that Wes has on his phone. It is pretty cute of you guys.

Chelsea said...

You are freaking awesome! I have been waiting for you to post some pictures! Love ya! See ya soon!

becca olsen said...

Wow, you did so good! I totally walked for some of it, and your right it was way hard to start running again! Nice work!

Andy & Jen said...

AWESOME BETH!!! we need to run one together...on second thought I hate training for them, how about a half?

Andy & Jen said...

Ok I already picked one...SEATTLE JUNE 26th 2010! I've been wanting to do it for 2 years & its on a Saturday so we won't be sinners (well lets be honest, Andy will be happier) Come on now, who do yo think I am?

Jennifer (Niffer) said...

Way to go you freaky crazy lady! I cannot believe you did that... well, actually I can. I'm so proud of you! You totally rock!

um... I did 30 minutes on the treadmill at the "Y" yesterday, is there any hope for me?

emy said...

Beth you are so tuff. I love those running pictures. It was so fun to have you in Portland. Can't wait to spend time with you and Wes at Thanksgiving.

Ashley said...

You freakin ROCK Beth! Way to go! i'm surprised you haven't done one of these earlier- since you're such a strong runner! What a great accomplishment!

Natalie said...

that's awesome!!! paul and I watch tv together and eat food a lot... same as a marathon right?